WHEN: Once a month – on the last Sunday of the month any month from August 2021 till May 2022 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM
WHAT: St. Luke’s invites chefs to plan a meal - 3 course dinner. Demonstrate the preparation of the meal on the day in front of our volunteer cooks who will make the food for our guests.
Speak briefly to the day’s guests about what inspired the day’s menu.
The Sunday Chef dinners are culinary fundraisers to support a delegation from our community that we are sending to Africa next year.
The Chef’s Favorites events will invite about 60 ticketed guests a month to enjoy a three-course meal comprised of the Chef’s favorite dishes. (At least half of them will be in person and some will enjoy the meal in the comfort of their homes – meal will be picked up/delivered).
These fundraising dinners are an excellent way to promote your restaurant/ business to hundreds of potential future customers.
We will offer you a $500 honorarium as a modest thank you for your approximately 4-hour time commitment on the day of the event and for sharing your talents with us.
WHAT WE DO:
- Promote the event and sell tickets to the dinner through our email list and social media
- Spotlight the talents of the chefs to showcase their talents and promote the chef’s business
- Purchase the food/ items for the meals once you provide the shopping list to us ahead of time.
- Organize cooks to prepare the meal according to your instructions / demonstration and staff to serve the meal.
WHAT YOU DO:
- Plan 60 three - course dinner meals. (At least half of them will be ticketed to be enjoyed in person. The rest of the meals will be enjoyed at home – meal will be picked up/delivered).
- Demonstrate the preparation of the meal on the day in front of our volunteer cooks who will make the food for our guests. Be open to video taping/ film part or all of the demonstration.
- Speak briefly to the day’s guests about what inspired the day’s menu.
- Ensure that the meal is ready for pick/serve by 5:00 PM
- Speak briefly to our guests about what inspired this menu for you.
- Use the opportunity to showcase your culinary creativity and encourage potential customers to visit and dine/ order from your restaurant.
- Display flyers in your business promoting the Sunday dinner events.
- You may offer guests coupons for your business, any promotional materials for your business, cook books, menus for your restaurant. We may auction some of the items for our fundraising events.
What is a great Chef’s dinner?
- A great tasteful dinner menu that is memorable for our guests.
- Plan to prepare 80 three course dinners on time.
- Send the shopping least timely to enable ingredients to be purchased timely.
- Economical 3 course dinner that is value for money and enjoyable but enables us to maximize our fundraising efforts.